Last week Disney celebrated it's 59th birthday! To celebrate, I whipped up this amazing Birthday Bark from Sweetapolita. Seriously yummy.
I adopted the recipe slightly to fit what I had in my cupboard. A super easy and fun recipe decorated with sprinkles I picked up off ETSY.
If you don't want to eat it all, break it up and package it up in little clear baggies for easy distribution. Makes for an awesome birthday treat.
Birthday Cake Bark
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces white chocolate or vanilla candy chocolate
- 1-2 tablespoons white cake mix
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Melt dark chocolate according to instructions on the package. Be sure to not burn your chocolate. You want it silky smooth!
- Pour melted dark chocolate onto your parchment/mat and spread (with a small offset spatula for ease) until desired thickness is achieved. Freeze for 20 minutes to set.
- Melt your white chocolate. Whisk in cake mix slowly, stirring well until smooth. Let it sit for approximately 3 minutes (or at least until it slightly thickens).
- Remove pan with set chocolate from the freezer and pour white chocolate on top, repeating the same spreading technique as you did with the dark chocolate. Toss sprinkles on right away. Freeze for 20 more minutes.
- Once set, break or cut into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.